Am I eligible for employment with Campus Dining?

Yes, if you meet the following minimum credit hour requirements for each semester of employment:

Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours for each semester of employment. Graduate students must be enrolled in at least 5. International undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 12. International graduate students must be enrolled in at least 9.

How do I apply?

All applications must be submitted via the Student Application Portal. Please visit the Student Employment Services Job Postings page, click "Current Vacant Positions," then select the timeframe for which you are interested in applying. Next, find "GSA and WORK STUDY - Campus Dining" to view available dining positions.

In order to submit an application you will need to create an account on the Student Application Portal. You will be able to do this after you click on a posting to apply. You will be able to use this account to apply to any future Campus Dining posted positions.

Once your application has been reviewed, your status will be updated to reflect where you are in the process. You will be contacted if a location has a position to offer you. Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive, we will be unable to contact you if we do not have a position to offer you.

How do I check on the status of my application?

To check the status of your application(s), you will need to log in to the account you created on the Student Applicant Portal.

Do I need to apply to each posting that I am interested in?

Yes, you will need to apply to each posting that interests you. If you are not offered a position that you applied for, you will need to reapply if the position is posted again in the future.

Can I submit my application without knowing my class schedule?

No. If you do not know your class schedule, please wait to submit your application until you are able to completely fill in the availability section. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.

Do I need to submit a resume and/or cover letter with my application?

Yes, you will need to submit both a resume and a cover letter for each position that you apply for.

How do I know that Campus Dining has received my application?

You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been successfully submitted.

Should I visit the Campus Dining locations to inquire about openings, apply to a position, or check the status of my application(s)?

No, for your convenience, all of this information can be found in the Student Application Portal. Therefore, visiting the dining locations is not necessary.

What things will I need to complete hiring paperwork? 

Student Employment Services will need two forms of ID for payroll purposes. The most commonly seen forms of ID are: a CentralCard or Driver's License or State ID with either an actual Social Security Card (no copies) or certified copy of a birth certificate. A current US Passport is also acceptable. Be sure to have these forms of identity at college with you for this purpose. Students who have previously worked on campus or are currently working on campus need only bring a CentralCard ID. All new student employees must stop by Student Employment Services, Bovee University Center 121, to fill out tax forms and 1-9 paperwork with your two acceptable forms of ID prior to beginning any work on campus.

What should I expect once I'm hired?

Upon being hired, you will be provided with a uniform which includes a Campus Dining shirt, hat, and name tag. It will be your responsibility to have a pair of non-slip shoes to wear to work, beginning your first day. You are required to work a minimum of 10 hours per week, but no more than 20 hours per week, with a shift every other weekend. Some exceptions may apply based on the position. There will be a few mandatory work days each semester based on the needs of the location. You'll also be assigned one mandatory online e-learning training and quiz per semester for which you'll be paid for your time upon completion.

What if I have additional questions?

If you have reviewed these FAQs and still have additional questions, please contact us via email at